Complete the 'Film Poster Analysis' from the Film Language PowerPoint:

 Blog task: Complete the 'Film Poster Analysis' from the Film Language PowerPoint:

  • Analyse all EIGHT posters in as much detail as possible;
  • Try to include media terminology that you might have learnt at GCSE. Highlight media terminology in bold or yellow!
  • Explain WHY for each of the three questions for each poster;
  • Post up all your answers on your new Media 2 coursework blog;
  • Include the actual posters in your blog posting (you'll need to find them, save them to file then add them using the 'insert image' icon in Blogger).





What do you think the film is about and what might the
story line be?
A man that falls in love with an evil robot that seduces him in her favour and defeats him.

What genre(s) do you think the film belongs to?
Action, sci-fi and something very futuristic.

Who do you think is the target audience?
Id say adults as from the poster it appears quite graphic and potentially not withing the age requirement due to the gun in the poster.



Scary movie 2-
  1. What do you think the film is about and what might the storyline be?

  2. I think the film may be about a horror comedy where a group of friends watch horror movies and have a good time.

  3. What genre(s) do you think the film belongs to?

  4. I think this falls under the comedy genre but can also potentially be linked back to horror due to the title of the film being scary movie.

  5. Who do you think is the target audience?

  6. I think the target audience may be young adults and teenagers who find this content interesting and amusing.






  7. Uzak-

    1. What do you think the film is about and what might the story line be?

    2. I think the film may be about a child's or adults experience in growing up in a challenging country and area and it portrays his struggle through the film.

    3. What genre(s) do you think the film belongs to?

    4. I think the genre may be an action style movie.

    5. Who do you think is the target audience?

    6. I believe the target audience are young people as this could be a movie that not only is entertaining but also educate them on some struggles that occur around the world.



  8. Im not scared-
  9. What do you think the film is about and what might the story line be?

  10. I think the film may be about a child learning to go through obstacles in life and explore without being scared and instead push them to be curious.

  11. What genre(s) do you think the film belongs to?

  12. I think the genre may be about comedy as well as action to show kids that going on adventures can be both fun as well as educational.

  13. Who do you think is the target audience?

  14. I believe the audience may be children again to teach them that they should go out and explore.



  15. Sin city-

    1. What do you think the film is about and what might the story line be?

    2. I believe the movie may be a thriller that contains some element of sci-fi due to the photos of the actors holding guns and all looking into the camera with confidence.

    3. What genre(s) do you think the film belongs to?

    4. I believe the genre is an action movie as well as thriller include element of fights and potentially killings.

    5. Who do you think is the target audience?

    6. I believe the target audience are young adults to adults considering some of the content shown may to be advised to show kids,.


  16. Pirates carribian-
  17. What do you think the film is about and what might the storyline be?

  18. I believe the story line may include parts of the ocean and stories to do with pirates and myths that come along with it.

  19. What genre(s) do you think the film belongs to?

  20. I think the genre is sci-fi as its feeding into analogies and ideas that are not for certain to be true.

  21. Who do you think is the target audience?

  22. I think the target audience teenagers and young adults.


  23. Pride and prejudice-

    1. What do you think the film is about and what might the story line be?

    2. I think the film is about a romantic comedy or just romantic as you can see a male and female standing back to back with potentially some family members in the back.

    3. What genre(s) do you think the film belongs to?

    4. I think the genre is romantic from the film poster presented.

    5. Who do you think is the target audience?

    6. I think the target audience is towards children teenagers and adults i believes a film where it can reach multiple audiences.


  24. Million dollar baby-
  25. What do you think the film is about and what might the story-line be?

  26. I think the film is about a woman trying out and enjoying a male dominated sport and later being challenged or potentially oppressed due to her gender but later proves everyone wrong and encourages women to take part in any sport they enjoy.

  27. What genre(s) do you think the film belongs to?

  28. I believe this genre is action due to the boxing idea and theme as well as the woman wearing sports clothing.

  29. Who do you think is the target audience?

  30. I believe this is targeted to teenagers and young women to encourage them to do things they enjoy despite what the social norm may be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Media consumption audit: blog tasks